With deep gratitude, I would like to acknowledge
- My students from the five colleges: Smith College, Amherst College, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Mount Holyoke College and Hampshire College, with whom I have been growing as a Korean teacher.
- The Five College Consortium that graciously supported the creation of this book with a Mellon Grant.
- My colleagues in the East Asian Languages & Literatures Department at Smith College who have offered constant encouragement and support for my teaching.
- Translator and Quizlet and Show-me video creator, Oona McNally (Smith College).
- Audio-file creator, Dasom Ann (Smith College).
- E-book platform designer, James Lucey (Simmons College Graduate School).
and many others who offered their time and assistance for the sake of this book:
- Tammy Lockett (Smith College Online Instructional Designer)
- Essay writers: Yael Tsitohay, Mariya Germash, Pema Choden and other former students (Smith College)
- Photographers in Korea: Yumi Hong, Hyunah Park, Hanee Yi
- Cover models: Talyor Cassidy (University of Massachusetts Amherst) and Elizabeth Carper (Smith College)